Posted by Charli Mace on 6/29/2012
There are a lot of great iPhone apps on the market that use color in fun ways to spruce up photography and decorating. With so many apps available, it can be hard to choose which ones are worth the money and downloading space. Luckily, you won’t have to try every color app you come across to see which is best. Here are the top 5 color apps available for the Apple iPhone.
1. ColorSplash is one of the best apps out there for photographers, whether they are professionals or just playing around on their iPhones. ColorSplash is a camera app that takes pictures in black and white. Then, you can select which object—or objects—you want to appear in color. The result is a beautifully artistic photograph that highlights the most important object on the screen in bright, bold coloring, and leaves the rest of the pictures in black and white. These photographs can be used for gifts, invitations, announcements, and much more. Show off your creative side with ColorSplash and give your iPhone images a unique and beautiful look.
2. ColorChange is a really helpful tool for decorators or those who are thinking of remodeling their home. ColorChange allows you to take a picture of a room in your home and then select an exact paint color by taking a picture of the paint sample. Then, the app allows you to see exactly what the room will look like with that particular color. No need for test paints and holding up countless color swatches against the wall. Make decorating easier with ColorChange.
3. Eye Vs. Eye is a great color matching game that pits you against random appointments to test your color intelligence. The screen flashes an image of a color and gives you three options. Your goal is to find the exact match as quickly as possible. There are over 16 million color varieties within this game, so you won’t get bored. Eye Vs. Eye is not only a fun distraction while you’re waiting in line at the grocery store or at the airport. It has been proven that memory games can help keep the mind sharp and ward off memory problems such as early onset dementia and short-term memory loss.
4. ColorExpert is an app that allows you to extract exact hues from images on your phone and store them for later use, whether in a painting app or to fill in a color in an app like ColorSplash. You can create a customized palate of your favorite colors from stored photographs and the internet.
5. ColorSnap is a great application for painters and designers who use Sherwin Williams Paint. This app has over 1,500 digital swatches of paint colors stored so you don’t have to hall them from the store to your house. Instead, just select your color and hold your phone against the wall. With 1,500 different hues available, Sherwin Williams is bound to have the perfect match for your decorating and painting needs. The best part? This ColorSnap is free from the Apple app store.
Have some fun with your color. Enjoy, Charli